A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 15 January 2021

Silhouette Skaters

It's time to remind you to enter CAS Christmas's January challenge "Silhouette".  Here's my reminder card:

Loll taught me how to do Eileen Godwin's great technique of creating a geometric sponged background with some stencilling over it - perfect for a silhouette stamp.

Check out Eileen's video here.

I created the geometric pattern with pale wintery shades of blue and lilac Distress inks, then stencilled some snowflakes over it.  I put it in the MISTI and stamped the image of children skating and the sentiment.

Then popped it up on fun foam over an angled scrap of black cs to reflect the angles of the geometric background.

You've got until January 24th to link up a clean and simple Christmas card featuring a silhouette.  There's more inspiration from the Design Team over at CAS Christmas.

I know Christmas is only just over, but it's never too early to start making them for next year!








Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession skaters, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocture, Distress Weathered Wood, Shaded Lilac, Victorian Velvet, Stormy Sky
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Carta Bella snowflake stencil, fun foam

12 comments:

  1. Great technique and inspiration from Eileen. The silhouette skaters look amazing against the fabulous background and I like the design layout of your card too Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job of this technique! I've used it a couple times already but love your effect much better than what I came up with. Yours remind me of ice crystals so perfect for your skaters. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors in your geometric background are perfect for a winter scene and I love the addition of the stenciled snowflakes! That is one awesome stamp and fit's so perfectly with your background! Awesome card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the combination of the snowflakes and the geometric background so perfect for your little skaters :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your soft angled geometric background for your sweet skating girlfriends, Susan. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is AMAZING, Susan! I LOVE your gorgeous background that looks like spotlights on the children. SO beautiful with the snowflakes. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these sweet vintage skaters Susan, your soft ble snowflakes and beautiful geometric sponging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS Susan!! I've watched the video and now I really need to try this technique, especially after seeing how pretty yours turned out! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this card, Susan! The subtle geometric sponged background is fantastic! Layering the black panel under the front panel with an angle is such a clever idea. It gives the card design interest and ties the layer with the black silhouette.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun background for your silhouette skaters. Lovely card, Susan. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a charming silhouette and I love how you added those beautiful snowflakes! Another lovely Christmas card, Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww so sweet. Great job on the background technique. It gives it that frosty feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.