A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 17 January 2021

A Snowflake on a Toilet Paper Background

It seems scandalous to be using toilet paper as part of a greeting card, given the shortage of it that we saw when Covid first started!  But I had great fun learning a new technique that involved several sheets of it to create an embossed background.


I layered 5 squares of toilet paper, misting with water in between each one and again on the top layer.  I placed it inside a snowflake embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug.

Once the toilet paper was dry, I trimmed it to fit behind a silver glitter die cut frame and added a silver glitter die cut snowflake to the centre.

The embossed toilet paper has a wonderful feel of homemade paper.  For more ideas for using it, see this video and this tutorial.

I'm linking it up at these challenges:

Addicted to CAS "Code Word: Snow"

 

Cardz for Guyz "Let It Snow"

The Paper Players "CAS Challenge: Snow.............."

Thanks for stopping by today!







Supplies:
Paper - silver glitter cs, white cs, toilet paper
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - snowflake embossing folder, square frame die, snowflake die

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about this technique!! I love the look of homemade paper and this it is such an easy technique with a great out come!! It has been years since I have played with this technique...thanks for the inspiration!! Your card is perfect for our "let it snow" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz...we are so glad you joined the fun and played along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful, sparkly snowflake and frame for your embossed toilet paper! This is a perfect technique for people that hoarded and have a lot of extra on their shelves now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this technique and you made a beautiful card with it. All those layers emboss so well and so sharp. The silver snowflake and frame really made it elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, this is so beautiful! I love that big sparkly snowflake and gorgeous embossed background! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the rich embossing you achieved with toilet paper. I can't imagine how it stayed together although I saw the video. This looks fabulous framed in glitter with the glittered snowflake. Beautiful card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow gorgeous Susan, the snow flakes look amazing in that gold glitter frame. one of my favorite techniques:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant card Susan! I LOVE how the toilet paper gives such deep impressions. The background is beautiful with your glittery snowflake and frame on top. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and elegant. The impression is amazing. Another technique to add to my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that wonderful texture created on your TP background. The touch of silver glimmer adds a touch of sparkle and that snowflake is gorgeous. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - great end result! Who would of thought TP would do this! :) Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the embossed background..so elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful snowflake card, Susan! The toilet paper background shows deeply embossed snowflakes. It looks like it was made with a 3D embossing folder. Love the dimension and the pretty sparkle from the glitter snowflake and the frame!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.