A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 30 January 2021

Christmas Birds in a Row

One of my favourite themes for Christmas cards is birds.  So I pulled out a rarely-used bird stamp from my excessively large collection of bird stamps.


A very CAS card - stamped, watercoloured, bordered with a bit of copper shimmer cs, and popped up on fun foam.

I'm linking it up with two challenges:

Less is More "In a Row"

Christmas Cards All Year Round "Something that Starts with A or B" - I have birds.








Supplies:
Stamps - Crafty Individuals
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, cream and copper cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam

11 comments:

  1. Sweet CAS card. Beautifully watercoloured. The copper framing finished it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous image and how well you presented it. You really have an amazing stamp collection! I too love birds on a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These birds are so sweet and beautifully colored! Is there any such thing as too many bird stamps? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit one of my favorite bird stamps, I love the traditional look and you've coloured it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty stamped image and a very beautiful card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome drawing which begs to be the single star of the show as you have done, Susan! Lovely coloring and great choice of the shimmery copper for the mat! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card Susan. Beautifully watercoloured ... I love your row of birds image too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vintage feel to this beautifully coloured CAS card. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More for our in a row challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful....Spring, can't wait for it.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this image and thew ay you've colored it. Perfect for our "in a row" challenge at Less Is More. Thank s so much for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely watercolored bird card, Susan! The colors of the bird match the copper trim so well!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.