A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 9 January 2021

For a Goth Wedding

A friend asked me to make a card for her nephew's wedding - it's going to be very "Goth" in style (hard to imagine) so I came up with this:


There needed to be black in the card for sure so I used a black card base, layered a silver heart and sentiment on top, cut a white background for the heart and added little die cut black vines to the inside of the heart.

I'm linking it up with the Cardz for Guyz "Black / Silver or Black / Gold" challenge.

What do you think a Goth wedding will look like?








Supplies:
Paper - black and white cs, silver mirri cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TH "love" die, heart die, Spellbinders leafy vines die

8 comments:

  1. I think this is perfect for a goth wedding Susan! Love the black filigree detail and the silver and black is so elegant, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Susan. I love the vines inside the heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and silver works perfect for a goth wedding and for our challenge over at Cardz 4 Guys. We are so glad you joined the fun and played along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very clever Susan, this is perfect for a Goth wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great to me Susan. Very striking love the veins x. I have absolutely no idea what a goth wedding would look like but I bet its tons of fun? x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black and white is classy anytime! Love the vines on the background and the silver heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great design for a hard to make Goth theme! A lovely die cut silver heart with the black vines inside! I'm sure black and white and possibly lots of leather at a Goth wedding - black coal around their eyes? black flowers with thistle? Dark purple too maybe!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must have had you scratching your head....but well done!!
    hope you are doing ok....been thinking of you.
    take care..I'm back to work today.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.