A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Singing "Let It Snow"

Vancouver's snow and colder temperatures are lingering.  I still have large sections of snow in my garden and neighbourhood wherever the sun isn't reaching to melt it.  They are forecasting some light snow for tomorrow so we could have more!  With this weather it's very easy to come up with a snowy card!

And Christmas Cards All Year Round is asking for a card inspired by a Christmas song or carol so what better than "Let It Snow"?


I started by doing a very pale stencil monoprint with blue brushos and letting it dry, then replaced the stencil and stenciled the snowflakes with a turquoise glitter paste. When dry, I trimmed the panel, bordered with turquoise glitter cs, and added a small sentiment - easy, quick (except for letting the paste dry), and flat for mailing!




Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versamagic Ocean Depth
Paper - turquoise glitter and white cs, mixed media paper
Size - A2
Accessories - PaperArtsy snowflake stencil, Cosmic Shimmer Electric Blue Sparkle Shimmer paste, blue brushos, clear embossing powder, SU label punch



5 comments:

  1. I love that song and I love these glittery snowflakes! A beautiful Christmas card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful glittery snowflakes Susan, the perfect combination for "let it snow".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the softness of your blue monoprint background. And the bright blue glittery snowflakes are so gorgeous. Perfect card to make while you're singing! :) Hope there's not much snow today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Compliments of blues. Your flakes look great and the sentiment perfectly matches. Great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let it Snow is a classic Christmas song and you nailed the challenge, Susan. Of course I love the blue. Your glittery snowflakes are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.