A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 13 February 2019

Poinsettia on Corrugated Card


The Sparkles Christmas Challenge is asking for Poinsettias - one of my favourite themes for my Christmas cards.

I used part of a corrugated coffee cup sleeve for a background panel. The holly is cut out of regular green cs and the poinsettia and sentiment out of dark red shimmer cs.

I taped the top and bottom of the holly die cut under the corrugated cardboard so that it looks entwined around it.

I shaped the poinsettia a bit with a stylus and put little rolls of tape behind some of the petals to pop them up a bit more. I added large gold gemstones to the centre. And small dark red ones to the holly.

We're having a lot of snow here in Vancouver so I'm definitely in the mood to make Christmas cards!





Supplies:
Paper - dark red shimmer, green, and white cs, corrugated coffee cup sleeve
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz joy and poinsettia dies, Memory Box holly die, large gold and small red gemstones



9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Susan. Awesome upcycling of the corrugated sleeve. Gives wonderful texture and is the perfect for featuring the beautiful poinsettia. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture and the re-cycling on your beautiful Christmas card. Stay warm and make more cards! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to re-use a product and it makes a great background for that sparkling poinsettia. Wonderful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this beautifully shaped poinsettia, Susan! The cardboard gives it a rustic look and the holly twining around it gives even more interest and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful up-cycling Susan, the red poinsettia is perfectly shaped and love those little red gem stones as berries :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Susan! Love the corrugated coffee sleeve as your background. Your poinsettia is gorgeous cut from the red shimmer paper. Great design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful card Susan!! I'm loving that corrugated background and the holly entwined around it! And the Poinsettia is just GORGEOUS with all it's shimmer and shine! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.