A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 21 February 2019

Monochromatic Sky with Winter Trees

There's still a bit of lingering snow so it's easy to make Christmas cards!


I pulled out a leftover snippet of shaving foam marbled background and used it as a wonderful monochromatic winter sky for my trees.  They are die cut from a snippet of white cs, as is the sentiment tag that I stamped in a dark aqua ink.  The panel with the trees is popped up on fun foam.  I went over the trees with a Quickie glue pen and added glitter to them.

Playing in three challenges with this card:

The Paper Players - Monochromatic


And 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Winter Trees


And Pixie's Snippets Playground, where you have to use up snippets of paper, ribbon, etc. - I always have plenty of those leftover!





Supplies:
Stamps - A Muse sentiment
Ink - dark aqua ink spot (unknown brand)
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - stitched tree frame (unknown), fun foam



10 comments:

  1. Love that marbling, Susan! It makes such a pretty sky for these wintry trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most perfect monochromatic card. Absolutely beautiful and so unique...love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful Susan, love the shaving foam background and the tree die cut. A perfect match :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...that background is amazing against your beautiful white trees! Love the frame too! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does make a perfect background for your trees. A real icy look. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with that background - it makes the trees just pop. Fabulous take on the challenge this week. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love how you framed your trees!Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan!

    What a delightful Christmas card. The background is wonderful and I adore those framed trees. Trying to work out if it's a single die or the trees and frame are separate - a cracking design.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don’t know how I missed this one, but saw it as one of the HM at Paper Players. Beautiful card and congrats! 👏🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your marbled sky is gorgeous Susan! Love the soft swirls of blue. And of course, perfect with the fantastic tree die that I had to get after seeing one of your earlier cards using it! You are great at enabling me! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.