A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 16 February 2019

Pink and Red Birthday Card

Valentine's Day has come and gone but we're still doing Red and Pink at CAS Watercolour.  The Design Team and our wonderful Guest Designer, Darnell (djkardkreations) have made more cards to inspire you.  Here's what I created:


I stamped the lovely collage image onto watercolour paper, then painted it with my watercolour paints.  To add a bit more true red, I used a red Inktense watercolour pencil.  I added a very pale neutral watercolour wash around the flowers.

I trimmed the image, added a very narrow red border, and popped it up with fun foam on a die cut stitched rectangle on which I'd stamped the sentiment.

Please join us at CAS Watercolour with your clean and simple cards, featuring watercolouring and red and pink.  You have until February 24 to link up your card.





Supplies:
Stamps - Stamplorations image, SU sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red and white cs
Size - A2 
Accessories -  watercolour paints, red Inktense pencil, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die, fun foam


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous "Framed Carnations" stamped and watercolored image, Susan. I have added to my wishlist because of your beauty. Your coloring is beautiful. TFS my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Susan, I love your colouring on this stamp, perfect shading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting on this gorgeous stamp, Susan! I do love seeing your wide variety of different and unique stamps. Love how the image looks like it's on newsprint and wonderful job on the soft wash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing watercolouring Susan. You have really given these beautiful flowers lots of depth with your shading. The colours are so pretty together. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully CAS and so very pretty and delicate x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS and absolutely lovely Susan! I love the stamp you used...your pink and red flowers are just beautiful!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so pretty, Susan. I love it! Your coloring is so beautiful, and the neutral color wash around the flower is perfect for the printed paper look and adds warmth. The thin red boarder is effective and pops.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous stamp and you’ve worked your watercolouring magic to do it justice, Susan. Brilliant choice for red and pink. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These flowers are beautiful, Susan! Love the shading from pink to red and the subtle wash around them! Beautifully framed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...love the look Susan, makes me long for the warm weather even more!
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I like the image stamped over the script of black and white.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.