A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 20 February 2019

A New Delphinium Stamp

This month's Flower Challenge is:


One of my favourite flowers is the delphinium so when I saw this stamp by Magenta, I had to have it.  Here's the first card I made with it:


I chose to stamp it on kraft so that I could also enter it in the SCS Technique Lover's Challenge to colour an image on kraft cs.

I love the look of white heat embossing on kraft so used that for my stamp, and then coloured with Faber Castell coloured pencils. I trimmed the panel and edged it with a narrow strip of dark blue, then popped it up on fun foam for dimension.

I have a couple of other new flower stamps so hope to get another card made for this month's Flower Challenge - always good to be inspired to ink up new stamps!






Supplies:
Stamps - Magenta delphiniums, Chocolate Baroque sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - white, kraft, and dark blue cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, white embossing powder, fun foam



7 comments:

  1. These delphiniums are lovely, Susan. Beautifully coloured. Love white embissing images too... it just stands out better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the delphinium stamped and white heat embossed images and you've coloured them in such pretty colours. The blue strip down the side adds further interest to your wonderful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful delphiniums, Susan! Love the colors you've used and the white embossed edges really make them stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look beautiful on craft, the colours really pop against the white :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card and design Susan. Your delphiniums are just divine.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love delphinius too, I planted a lot in my garden this year but Summer is nearly over (in NZ) and none of them flowered, so maybe next year when the plants are older. I hardly ever use kraft but always want too after seeing cards like this, the white heat embossing is so crisp against it and the colours so vibrant. Its a gorgeous CAS design and I'm so glad you shared it with us at The Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty flowers. Always fun to have a new stamp!! :) Your colour on kraft really worked well. The colours are so clean. And the white embossing brightens and makes the flowers pop of the darker card front. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.