A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 1 February 2019

Heat Embossed Cardinal

Squeaking in under the wire for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Heat Embossing" challenge!


I used an older Inkadinkado stamp that works really well for solid heat embossing.


I stamped with Versamark and then heat embossed with a mix of copper and sparkly gold embossing powders.  I fussy cut the image.

I had a piece of copper sprayed cs in my UFO box so stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on it and trimmed it down into a square for the background.

I taped the fussy cut image onto it, and added a border of copper glitter cs.

Now it's finished I'm wondering if it is too monotone.  What do you think?





Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado bird / ornament, PTI sentiment
Ink - Versamark
Paper - white cs, copper glitter cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - copper spray, a mix of copper and sparkly gold embossing powder



4 comments:

  1. love the touch of sparkle in your embossed cardinal and bell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A metallic beauty, Susan. Beautiful image, gorgeous sprayed background and fantastic mix of metallic colours. Very elegant and vintage looking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bling and the tones are fabulous...Not too monotone for me Susan...Its gorgeous x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sparkle and bling on this - and for me the simple colour palatte balances that nicely. Thanka for joining in wiht us at the 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.