A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 1 July 2023

Ornaments and a Watering Can

It's time for a new Peace on Earth challenge.  You can either be inspired by the mood board (see below) or enter an "anything Christmas" card.  I was somewhat inspired by the bottom left image - lots of red and a gift.  Here's my card:


I stamped the image on a very light kraft cs and coloured it with alcohol markers. I die cut the image into a square and added a sentiment.   My card base is the same light kraft cs as used for the image. I added a layer of polka dot textured paper to it and then popped the image up on fun foam, and finished off with putting Glossy Accents on the baubles.

Here's the mood board for this challenge should you be inspired by it:

There's lots of inspiration from the rest of the Peace on Earth Design Team so be sure to check it out!








Supplies:
Stamps - Power Poppy watering can, Simon Says Stamp sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - light kraft cs, Bazzill polka dot red paper
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - alcohol markers, Glossy Accents, fun foam












10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Susan, lovely design too and what a great stamp you have used, very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great image for a Christmas card. The ornaments just shine and the twig in the water can is so cute. I like the dots on that red paper and think I might have some like that. Thanks for reminding me. I'll go look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this image and your coloring is beautiul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty and really fun Christmas image and love the different coloured glossy baubles Susan and a really striking red polka dot textured paper as the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Susan. Love the watering can filled with branches, berries, and baubles. The glossy accents makes those baubles shine! Love the texture added to the red frame. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this image and how you've colored it, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful image, I might have to check that one out at Power Poppy. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ornaments on the branches stuck in the watering can Susan! Wonderfully colored and sweet little sentiment with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely holiday card, Susan! I love your beautiful coloring and the shiny dimension of the ornaments. Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.