A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Off the Edge Sympathy

The Group of Seven Cardmakers are highlighting a Design Element this month - "Off the Edge".  Here's my card:


I masked a circle on the right side of my focal panel with part of the circle going off the edge, and sponged light blue ink through a wood grain stencil. I added a stamped sentiment and a die cut branch, again with the branch going off the edge. I stamped the sentiment so that part of it goes off the edge of the stencilled circle.

I had a scrap of sponged cs that had some faint text stamping on it so I die cut the bird from that and sponged some red on his breast. The panel is popped up on fun foam.

For more ideas of how to use "off the edge" as a design element, head over to the Group of Seven Cardmakers!  Feel free to add a card of your own to the link if you like.








Supplies:
Stamps - Wordsworth sentiment
Ink - Distress Broken China, Archival Potting Soil, red and brown inks for bird
Paper - white and brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box Grove Branch die, Memory Box Nestled Bird die, TH woodgrain stencil, fun foam




9 comments:

  1. This is a perfect design for a sympathy card Susan. I love every element you've used. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty and is perfect to tell someone you are thinking of them, and I love the off the edge woodgrain circle and tree branch, and the bird silhouette is unfussy and fits with the rest of the card beautifully Susan. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely sympathy card, Susan. Using the text scrap was inspired to cut the bird from and I like the soft stenciling for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colors and your off the edge circle with that sweet bird, Susan! The font of that script is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Susan, this is a stunning card, your masked stenciled circle and the bird on a branch are beautiful. I also love the typeface of your sentiment ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so striking, Susan! I am adding this to my to-CASE folder. I really love that woodgrain circle behind the sweet texted bird, especially that you inked it in an unexpected green! And I love that you put the wg circle off the edge and then the sediment off the edge of that! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great off-the-edge design card, Susan! The triple off-the-edge elements of the woodgrain circle, the branch, and the sentiment! The soothing light blue woodgrain is perfect for the occasion. Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO pretty Susan! Love the wonderful CAS design - so creative to stencil the woodgrain off the edge inside a circle mask! Great font on that sentiment too! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your masked and stenciled off the edge circle, Susan. The perfect spot for your bird to land:-) Wonderful CAS style and choice of sentiment too. TFS my dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.