A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 18 July 2023

Garden Flowers, Christmas Animals

A twofer today.  For the Sisterhood of Crafters "In the Garden", I used a flower stamp and a dp that talks about gardens, seeds, and growing.


The image is watercoloured, with a bit of splattering around it. The sentiment is heat embossed.  I used a scrap of the dp and a strip of black cs down the side.

The second card is for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Pets" and My Time to Craft Christmas "Christmas Animals":

I used coloured pencils for the image, trimmed it with an oval die, put it on fun foam on a nice warm red patterned paper background.

Please Grab Our Badge!   My Time To Craft Christmas!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Altenew Charmed, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, black and white cs, Graphic 45 dp
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, clear embossing powder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SSS Furry Friends, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs, patterned paper
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Spellbinders oval die, fun foam


10 comments:

  1. Susan: Thanks so much for participating in another MTTCC theme!! We appreciate your loyal support of us this year!! And this is such a terrific fun Christmas card! The pets are ready for cold weather! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watercoloured flowers are beautiful Susan and I love the dp with a garden theme and the black strip gives a great edge, and the sweet dogs and cat are complemented so prettily by the red and white background dp on the fun Christmas card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely watercolored flowers and I like the left side done with that designer paper. A fun Christmas card with that sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susan, both cards are awesome but I love that first floral design! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Owner
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful loose watercolouring with the flowers and your trio looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful flower and the perfect paper to pair it with! The critter trio always makes me smile! Beautifully colored, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This trio of "friends" is so cute and your card turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at 52 CCT this week. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic festive card :-)) I like your pets!
    Thank you for joining us at 52CCT❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for playing along with our "Pets" challenge this week at 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.