A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 15 July 2023

Cabin in the Woods

The Peace on Earth challenge has a lovely mood board this time with two images of cabins in the woods.  It reminded me of a stamp I've had for many years but haven't used in ages.  So a good time to pull it out.


The image is stamped and coloured with coloured pencils.  Then I sponged the sky in a pearlescent ink and a Distress Oxide ink.  I sprinkled some Frantage Chunky White embossing powder on the sky and heated it from underneath to set it.  I went over the snow on the roof, on the trees, and on the ground with a Quickie glue pen and added fine glitter to it. 

The background is stencilled with a Distress ink through an pine tree stencil.  And then the focal panel is popped up on fun foam.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board:


There's more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team over at Peace on Earth.  We'd love to have you join us either with your interpretation of the mood board or an "anything Christmas" goes card.








Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black Christmas Cottage, Northwoods sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue, Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire, Distress Evergreen Bough
Paper - Bristol cs, chalk cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Artplorations stencil, Frantage Chunky White embossing powder, fine glitter, fun foam

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely stamp you used. It's so pretty as a centerpiece.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wintry scene Susan! Thanks for another inspiring DT creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the cold of your wintery scene, Susan! Beautifully coloured! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a pretty snowy scene Susan and the stencilled background complements it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very delicate a truly wintery feel love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect winter sky for this cozy cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely peaceful scene, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.