A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 7 July 2023

Starry Layers and CAS Sympathy

The ABC Christmas Challenge is "L for Layers".  I mostly make CAS cards so it's hard for me to use lots of layers.  So here are some starry layers:

I've got two wreaths layered over each other - one cut from gold and one from silver glitter cs (the gold one barely shows so I added a couple of die cut gold stars to the top of the silver one). I put some holographic silver star dp down the left side over a layer of gold glitter cs. I added a gold embossed sentiment and some tiny gold and silver die cut stars to the right side.

And I have a twofer today - for Cardz 4 Guyz "CAS":

 
I masked off a rectangle on my focal panel and sponged it with a couple of brown Distress inks, then stamped some branches and wildflowers over the masked panel.  I removed the tape and added another wildflower and a sentiment in dark brown that came off the edge of the masked panel.
 
 
 
Cardz 4 Guyz
 
 
 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - white cs, gold and silver glitter cs, holographic silver star dp
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Lime Citron wreath die, unknown star wreath, tiny star dies, gold embossing powder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - unknown sentiment, SU Just Believe
Ink - Distress Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap, Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper - white cs
Size - A2

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards Susan, and I love the beautiful Christmas wreath layered using gold and silver glitter card and the holographic starry card is the perfect addition down the side, and then the second with really pretty flowers on the masked panel in shades of brown which gives it a slightly vintage feel, and I love the way you have added more flowers and a sentiment escaping over the edge of the panel which looks great. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards, I love all the sparkle in your Christmas card and the colours in your second card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card, and love the masculine feel and colors of the CAS Thinking of You card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with our " Masculine CAS" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz! You kept it clean and simple and nailed the masculine element with your deep rich colors...that masked off area is perfect!! - Deb Horst, DT #C4G325

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that starry wreath with all the glitter, Susan! Your masked and inked rectangle with the wildflowers is a great way to say thinking of you! Love that subtle stamping in the bottom corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are beautiful, Susan! The Christmas card is shiny, bright and festive! Layering gold and silver wreaths is a great idea! I'll remember that. ;-) Love the soft sponging and stamping, the ink color combo, and the off-the-edge design of the sympathy card. It's perfect for the occasion.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.