A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 23 July 2023

Bird in a Santa Hat

Jingle Belles want to see a "Santa Hat" on a card and Cardz 4 Guyz want to see a "Masculine Christmas Card".  I have a friend whose kids call him "an old fart" when they're teasing him so I made this with him in mind!


I stamped and coloured the bird and Santa hat, and die cut them both.  I stuck them to a cream panel on which I'd stamped the sentiment, then rubbed some green ink around the edges of the panel to create a border.  I added it to a background of dp.

 

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo








Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz Crazy Birds and Santa Hat, Old Island Stamp Co. sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Archival Library Green
Paper - cream cs, ColorBok dp
Size - 6.25x3.25" slimline
Accessories - Tim Holtz Crazy Birds and Santa Hat dies

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable. He will get a kick out of this card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun bird and sentiment and will definitely make your friend smile Susan. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Love this and it sounds perfect for this friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your Christmas bird looks wonderful decked out in Red and Green and the sentiment is so funny. I'm sure your friend will love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny and perfect for your friend! 😂*lol* Great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, what a fabulously fun and festive custom card! Awesome! So happy you could join our Santa Hat fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love a snarky sentiment and your card is perfection ... so very glad you joined us with your Santa Hat at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.