A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 3 July 2023

The Sentiment Takes Centre Stage

Shopping our Stash challenge wants us to make the sentiment the focal point.  I have a sympathy sentiment that I just love so made a couple of cards using it.



I got out my blue acohol markers and did random horizontal scribbles with them, then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on top.  For the first card, my vertical lines weren't as wide so I trimmed it smaller, bordered with blue, and added a strip of dry embossing down the right hand side.  For the second one, I trimmed it with my A2 layering dies and added a gold border and a few gold and white splatters with acrylic paints.

Grab Our Badge!








Supplies:
Stamps - Kay Foley sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white, blue, and gold cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue alcohol markers, clear embossing powder, Spellbinders border embossing folder, gold and white acrylic paints

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful sentiment on two perfect sympathy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely sentiment and the background marker scribbles in tones of blue highlight them both perfectly Susan, and love the added border embossing on the first and the bit of spattering on the second..wonderful sympathy cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favorite sympathy stamps (it's actually one my studio table right now after being stamped inside a card) ... love it with the scribbles (may have to borrow that idea before I put it away ... so glad you got SENTAMENTal with us at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful way to highlight these lovely words, Susan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful sympathy sentiment and I love how you used the markers to frame it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful thought in your sentiment! I love these cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.