A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 5 July 2023

Greenery for Dec. 25

Shopping our Stash wants to see numbers for their new challenge and Sweet Stampin' wants no designer paper.  Here's my card:

I put the greenery stamp in my MISTI, inked up the leaves with various green Tombow markers, spritzed with water, and stamped on watercolour paper. Then stamped the sentiment with green Archival ink. I added clear rhinestone stickers for the mistletoe berries - I'd been thinking I'd have red holly berries and then realized all the berries were on the mistletoe stems and mistletoe berries are white, so no red berries this time. I used a matching dark green cs for the card base.

Grab Our Badge! 

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black image, unknown sentiment
Ink - Archival Library Green
Paper - watercolour paper, dark green cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - green Tombow markers, Recollections Clear Rhinestone Stickers

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, love the simplicity of the holly and mistletoe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and striking. That's what this card is and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! This is CAS at its best! Thanks for a wonderful response to our challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful stamp with the mix of holly and mistletoe, and love the glittery berries Susan, and given a pretty watercolour look with the markers straight to stamp and spritzed for a slightly looser look...a great seasonal make! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Susan. LOVE the gorgeous mistletoe with those sparkly berries. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...Gorgeous card! love the fabulous style and colour.
    Have a great weekend, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous...white berries are perfect!! Way to go shopping your stash! Thanks for playing along with our celebratory number challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! Your water colored greenery is perfect along with that number stamp!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS500

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this simple and beautiful holiday greenery card, Susan! Love the watercolor-look and the different shades of green! The shiny berries are just so pretty! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shades of green! Love this stamp, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.