A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 18 February 2023

Pup with Red and White Stocking

Inspired by the red and white in the mood board at Peace on Earth:


I stamped and coloured the pup, colouring his stocking in the red and white of the candy canes and other stripes of the mood board.  I added some orangey patches to the dog to make her resemble my dog (an orange roan English Cocker Spaniel).  In keeping with the red and white, I chose a piece of dp to border the image.

There's lots more inspiration from the other members of the Peace on Earth Design Team.  Here's the mood board should it inspire you.  If not, "anything Christmas goes".

And here's a photo of me and my sweet Tessa.  We occasionally go out to visit seniors' homes and this was taken on one of those visits.










Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs, dp
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils

13 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card and I can just see Tess with the sock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational colours and fabulous post xx [don't forget to let me/christine know if you want me to order those corner thingies for you ] x

    ReplyDelete
  3. By looking at your photo I know why you made this lovely card!!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the late comment my friend. OMG how cute is this image ... your card is awesome and Awwwww look at sweet Tessa! I'm sure she brings a lot of pleasure & smiles to the folks in the homes. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the sweetest post. I love the red and white card and the pup with his bone in the Christmas stocking. I love that Tessa is sitting on your lap looking so content. I bet the seniors love her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card so beautifully coloured and framed. That’s a very sweet pic of you and Tessa… what a cool thing to do for the seniors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another cute dog used here Susan and the background paper complements it beautifully...a delightful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sure looks like Tessa and she looks quite happy with her red and white striped stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute Tessa-like dog, Susan! I've never thought of using dp for a frame. It's a brilliant idea, and I'll remember that. You and your sweet Tessa look great in the picture, and I'm sure your visit made the day for the people in the seniors' home.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE everything about this card, the image the beautiful design, all of it!! What a beautiful pup you have too, we have a goldendoodle that is the highlight of our life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card Susan!! Love your colouring of the dog to match Tessa! :) The patterned paper frame is just perfect. Great photo of you and Tessa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet image and love the Nordic background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.