A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 4 February 2023

Poinsettia in a Heart

The new Peace on Earth Christmas card challenge is inspiring us with a mood board appropriate to February and Valentine's Day.  I chose the bottom right image (see below) for my inspiration for this card:

I stamped my sentiment (which seemed too perfect not to use, given that it includes the word "heart") in red on the bottom of my focal panel, then die cut a stitched heart aperture out of the panel, and trimmed it down with a stitched rectangle die.  I put red glitter cs behind the aperture and added a small die cut poinsettia (cut from white shimmer cs, with the leaves coloured with a green marker, and gold Stickles added to the centre).

Head on over to Peace on Earth for more inspiration from our Design Team.  Here's the mood board.  It's up to you - be inspired by it or create an "anything Christmas goes" card.










Supplies:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - SU Real Red
Paper - white cs, red glitter cs, white shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Dee's Distinctively poinsettia dies, Memory Box stitched heart die, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, green marker, gold Stickles

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Susan. I love the sparkle from the red glitter heart. And agree ... absolutely the perfect sentiment for this design! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous and creatively beautiful! Being February I always try and make the boards according to the month we are in for fun and you certainly have nailed it with the sparkle-y heart and the very perfect sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan, this is gorgeous! Perfect design! That beautiful white poinsettia really pops against that sparkly red background! GORGEOUS design! Thanks for another amazing DT project ... awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, this is stunning. I love the design and the red sparkle paper is beautiful with the white poinsettia. A perfect sentiment for this card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This an amazing card Susan so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Susan. Love the white poinsettia on the sparkly red paper. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. I like the sparkling heart.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The red and white combination is beautiful Susan, and the wonderful red glitter card behind the heart, and with the white poinsettia and green leaves over the top is such a pretty look, also the red sentiment finishes it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I love the poinsettia in the heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great take on the mood board, Susan! The sparkle of the red heart and the contrast to the pretty white poinsettia are amazing! I agree with you the sentiment is perfect for the card.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the glitter paper and the gorgeous poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.