A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 6 February 2023

Metallic Snippets Stars and Embossed Sympathy

Christmas Craft Creations is asking for "Snippets" - a card that uses up some scraps.  I have a very hard time tossing out any bits of gold or silver shimmer or glitter cs so I have a whole little box of tiny pieces.  What better to use them for than stars?


I die cut a whole bunch of stars in various sizes and out of various shades of gold cs. I took a narrow strip of cream cs (another snippet left over from something else), stamped and heat embossed the sentiment "Oh starry night", and glued on the various die cut stars. I added the panel to a mini slimline card base.

My second card is a sympathy card.  The Can You Handle the Pressure challenge is asking for dry embossing just on the borders.

I coloured the flower with Tombow markers.  I trimmed the panel and carefully placed the embossing folder on the left edge and bottom edge first so that it didn't hit the flower or sentiment and ran it through, and then placed it on the upper right corner and ran it through.  I really like the result I got.  I popped the panel up on fun foam and added a stick-on pearl to the centre of the flower.

Christmas Craft Creations

Can You Handle the Pressure?

Please Grab Our Badge 

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Gold
Paper - cream cs, corrugated card, gold, bronze, and copper cs
Size - 6x3.25"
Accessories - gold embossing powder, various star dies

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU Love and Sympathy flower, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tombow markers, Craft Concepts embossing folder, fun foam, stick on pearl
 

7 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Susan, and I love all the different gold stars on the first and then the pretty flower on the second surrounded by that wonderful dry embossing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Susan, your splash of gold stars is stunning and the delicate image of the flower on the sympathy card is perfect ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two amazing cards. LOVE the mix of pretty, shimmery, metallic stars ... perfect with that sentiment! And your sympathy card is beautiful. Love the embossed borders and the gorgeous watercoloured flower. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look you got by placing the embossing folder on the edges. It is a lovely card and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great use of your metallic snippets for the first card, Susan! It's so shiny and fun!
    You beautifully surrounded the stamped flower with the embossed flowers of the second card. Love the wonderful design!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful embossed border th showcase the lovely floral! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your top 3 pick at CYHTP! It’s beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.