A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 25 February 2023

Birds Start with "B"

Shopping our Stash challenge wants something starting with "B" and the Double D challenge wants "birds" on a card.  This duo of challenges plus the one year anniversary of the war in Ukraine inspired this card:

 

Thinking of the Ukrainian flag and noticing the yellow bird with a blue eye in the Double D inspiration board, I used blue and yellow Brushos to create the background - sprinkled the Brushos on coated cs, spritzed with water and let the colours move, taking care to stop them mixing together too much.  Once dry, I stamped the dove with black Staz-on.  I trimmed the panel and popped it up on fun foam on an off-white card base.  The sentiment is a Tim Holtz metallic sticker.

Holding the brave determined people of Ukraine in my heart and mind.

Challenges:

Double D "Birds"

 

Shopping our Stash "Something Starting with B" - I have both a bird and the colour blue.

Grab Our Badge!









Supplies:
Stamps - Magenta Dove
Ink - Staz On Jet Black
Paper - off white cs, coated cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue and yellow Brushos, Tim Holtz metallic sticker, fun foam

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, and lovely tribute to those brave souls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and moving post, praying for an end to the tragedies of Ukraine!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Triple B} NEW March 3rd
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful tribute to Ukraine. The background is beautiful and that dove is hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great CAS card Susan, and I love the Brushos and the added Magenta Dove looks wonderful stamped in black over the top. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep!! B is for bird & blue!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you played along with our challenge over at Shopping Our Stash…you rocked our “anything that begins with B” challenge with your birdie card!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS490

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and a lovely tribute to Ukraine. Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Susan! I love this graceful dove and your yellow and blue are so watery and pretty with very little green. Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Susan! I love that you used the Ukraine's flag colors, and stamped a symbol of peace. It's artsy (Chagall-like) and meaningful!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.