A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 23 February 2023

Masculine Christmas and Roses with a Heart

The 52 Christmas Card Throwdown wants to see a masculine card.  I had a pile of scraps of coloured cs on my desk so thought I'd do something that I could also enter into the Snippets challenge.


I die cut the trees, reindeer, and tiny snowflakes. I sponged a wintery sky and tore a strip of white cs for the snowy ground. Then glued all the pieces onto the sky panel to create my winter scene.
 

My other card uses a new flower stamp I bought at a second hand craft sale and unfortunately I don't know who makes it.  It's for The Flower Challenge "use your latest flower stamp or die".

It's stamped and watercoloured, with a die cut sentiment laid over it, and matching red strips of cs on the top and bottom.

Challenges:

52 Christmas Card Throwdown

Snippets Challenge

Player's Badge

The Flower Challenge









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Archival Hickory Smoke, Distress Oxide Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans
Paper - white, green, grey, brown cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Impression Obsession reindeer dies, Memory Box Twiggy Tree die, evergreen tree dies, tiny snowflake die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - unknown heart / roses stamp
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, off white and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Creative Expressions sentiment die


9 comments:

  1. That is a lovely winter scene card with a soft sky and the grazing deer. What a great find at the craft sale and you made a great card with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super scenic Christmas card made with your snippets. Also love your Valentine card.
    Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me and Di up in the Treehouse for a nice mug of hot chocolate! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful winter scene Susan using lots of snippets, and then the heart and rose stamp is so pretty on the second also the perfect font and style for the added sentiment, and the red strips top and bottom finish it so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan! I think I need to rethink my shopping habits! What a great find! It doesn't even matter that we don't know who made it - YOU made it sing on your sweet Valentine! Thanks for sharing your find and this beautiful card with us at The Flower Challenge!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. très belle scène Susan, j'aime les scènes de nature, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Susan. Very clever idea to also include the MB twiggy tree die cut - it adds such interest to your scene - which is stunning by the way!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great snowy scene that's perfect for a masculine card, Susan! The heart is gorgeous! It was a super find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet winter scene using snippets, Susan! And I LOVE your gorgeous Valentine's Day card. Those roses are so pretty as part of the heart outline! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic winter scene you created, using the die-cuts from different companies, Susan! The background is the perfect sky for a cold day.
    Your new flower stamp is so elegant and beautiful. Love your beautiful watercoloring and your choice of the die-cut sentiment!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.