A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 20 February 2023

Embossing Folder on a Valentine and a Christmas Card

Can You Handle the Pressure challenge wants to see hearts used with an embossing folder and the Once Upon a Time challenge wants something based on the book "My Heart".  To go with the book, my card has big hearts and little hearts, some that are open, some that are closed (filled in).


I used the hearts border embossing folder across the middle of my focal panel and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment at the bottom. I die cut the cluster of hearts out of silver glitter cs and glued the outline on top and randomly added some of the inside hearts back into their spots, and added two of the inside hearts at random places at the top of the focal panel. Popped the panel up on fun foam for more dimension.

My second card is for Jingle Belles "use an embossing folder".

I sprinkled blue Brushos on coated cs and spritzed with water. When dry, I ran it through a snowflakes embossing folder and then sanded the colour off the tops of the snowflakes. It gave me a great variegated effect.

I die cut the image and sentiment twice - once out of dark silver glitter cs and once out of white cs - and glued them together for more dimension. Added them to the background and bordered it with more of the glitter cs.

Challenges:

Can You Handle the Pressure? "Hearts"

Once Upon a Time "My Heart" 

Jingle Belles "Embossing Folders"
 








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Silver
Paper - white cs, silver glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - silver embossing powder, SU hearts embossing folder, SSS cluster of hearts die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Paper - white cs, dark silver glitter cs, coated cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue Brushos, TH merry die, unknown reindeer / tree die, Sizzix snowflakes embossing folder


11 comments:

  1. I adore the Cluster of Hearts die Susan and beautiful results using the glitter card, and the white embossed hearts using an EF look great across the middle, and this would also make a super anniversary card, then the Christmas card using some very pretty brushos in the background and the sanded down embossing really makes an impact, and some wonderful texture with more glitter card for the die cut tree and deer image and sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sparkle, Susan! I love the hearts and how you left some open and filled in others! The sanded embossed background on the second card is fantastic and perfect for the glittery scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderfully sparkly cards Susan. Your sanded embossed background looks amazing, I initially thought it was stenciled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glittery hearts, that is a really neat die cut! And your snowflakes turned out so nice, thanks for sharing how you did that, I have some of those Brusho powders and this is an idea to try! Thanks for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two sparkly, beautiful cards Susan. Love the embossed border of hearts under your glitter silver heart die-cut. Creative to have some hearts open and some closed. Gorgeous snowy sky for your second card. Love the sanding of the embossed design and your gorgeous dark silver die-cuts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sanded embossing produced such a cool effect ... so very glad you got *embossable* with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow such a brilliant and beautiful combination of techniques to make that unique and incredibly lovely background! WOW! So pleased you could Emboss Like a Boss with us at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sparkle hearts over the embossing. The sanded background looks so pretty and we must be on the same page as I just sanded my Valentine card! Great minds etc...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are sparkly and beautiful, Susan!I love that you had some hearts open and some closed, and used the horizontal border embossing in the center.
    The background of the second card is fantastic! Brusho on coated cs, embossing, and sanding made a very unique and gorgeous background. Using the same silver glitter cs for the silhouette, the sentiment, and the border adds a sense of unity to the card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely interpretation of our challenge - thanks for joining us at Once Upon a Time - hope to see you next month

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.