A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 8 February 2023

A Valentine and a Two Hares

First up today is a Valentine for Inkspirational which has a lovely mood board full of hearts, pinks, and reds. 


I sponged various shades of pink on my background and then used one of the darker pinks over a heart stencil. I added the die cut hearts and sentiment to the background, bordered it with the same pink glitter cs as the die cuts, and popped the panel up on fun foam.  The pink glitter cs makes me think of the little round decorations on the cookies in the upper left image on the mood board (see below).  I grew up in England calling those decorations "hundreds and thousands" but I've since learned that the correct name for them in the baking world is nonpareils.  What do you call them?

My other card is for the Tic Tac Toe challenge.  I chose their right hand, vertical column that calls for stencil, circle, ink blending.


First I laid my stencil over my cs and then die cut a circle out of scrap paper and laid it over top of the stencil and then blended Speckled Egg and Antique Linen through the stencil.  Removed the stencil and the scrap circle and was left with a nice circle background.  I stamped the berry branch over the top and the two hares at the bottom.  I had a couple of smudges that I didn't like so added Tim Holtz clippings stickers over them and added a "missing you" stamped sentiment, popped the panel up on the card base with fun foam, and finished by going over the berries with a pearl pen.  

It's going to my cousin in England and I've written a note in the card about all my memories of our last visit together.  She is more like a sister than a cousin and before Covid, we'd seen each other every year either here or there.  We really miss each other - hopefully some time this year I'll be going over to England to see her!


Inkspirational

Tic Tac Toe







Supplies for card 1:
Ink - various pink Distress inks
Paper - white cs, pink glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - various pink Distress inks

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Lavinia Berry Wreath and Wild Hares, TH sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Distress Oxide Antique Linen and Speckled Egg
Paper - white cs
Size - 5" square
Accessories - Lavinia berry stencil, TH clippings stickers, Pearl Pen

2 comments:

  1. I love the all the shades of pink you have used Susan and the pink glittery card is so pretty for the hearts and strip across the middle and does look like the hundreds and thousands which we put on the top of cakes, and the stencilled hearts look lovely in the background. The second card with the cute hares is also beautiful, and the delightful stencilled circle makes a great background, also the berry branch is perfect with the added pearl pen work on the berries. I hope you get to the UK this year to see your cousin. Our son is over visiting from Australia at the moment and we haven't seen him for three years so I know how you feel. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart card is so pretty, Susan. I love the glitter hearts and frame. The hares are so sweet over your soft stenciled background. LOVE the stamped branch with dimensional berries. Your cousin is going to LOVE the card. I hope you get to see her soon. Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.