A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 10 February 2023

A Valentine for a Best Friend and a Swirly Heart Valentine

Festive Friday is celebrating Galentine's Day.  The challenge involves picking three things from their list.  I chose friendship sentiment, hearts, and ribbon.


My best friend came over the other day for dinner and brought me a pack of Valentine paper napkins as a hostess gift.  So I decided to use one to make a card for her.  I peeled off the top layer of the napkin and attached it to cs with ModPodge.  The sentiment is heat embossed, die cut and wrapped around the napkin panel with pink ribbon.  I added the panel to the card base and framed it with a pierced rectangle frame die.

This same girlfriend also orders a few Valentine cards from me each year.  This is one of them.  It's going off to Shopping our Stash challenge "Love is in the Air" as I've had these dies for ages and they needed to be used!


A very CAS card! I sprinkled pink and red brushos on mixed media cs and spritzed with water. When dry, I die cut the heart and the sentiment, and added them to a cream card base.

 

Festive Friday "Galentine's Day"

 

Shopping our Stash "Love is the Air"

Grab Our Badge!










Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Printworks sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - paper napkin, off-white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - ModPodge, clear embossing powder, MFT Pierced Rectangle Frame die, Spellbinders label die, pink ribbon

Supplies for card 2:
Paper - mixed media and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - red and pink brushos, heart die (?), Poppy Stamps sentiment die

8 comments:

  1. What a perfect napkin for your card, the frame really sets it off nicely. I love how the font of the sentiment goes so well with it too. Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girlfriend will be blown away by the napkin card! That was so cool that she brought you a pack. I love CAS and this card is just the cutest. That die is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your first card using Susan's gift of Valentine's napkins. So creative and fun!! Your swirly heart is so pretty on the second card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's such a clever way to use the napkin, your friend will love the cardxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 great "love is in the air" cards!! Love your napkin technique!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our “love is in the air” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS489

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I love that you used one of the napkins you received from your friend for your card! What a fabulous idea. Made a gorgeous card, too! So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great use of the pretty Valentine paper napkin, Susan! I'm sure your best friend will love the card.
    The pretty brusho colors pop against the cream background. The font style of the die-cut sentiment goes well with the delicate die-cut heart.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea to use the napkin for your card. Love all the different hearts. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.