A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 31 January 2023

Patterned Paper Hearts

A Valentine for the Tic Tac Toe challenge (I chose the left vertical column from the challenge graphic at the end of the post - die cut, heart, patterned paper) and the Time Out challenge (I chose the word "love" from their quote):


I have some beautiful Craft Consortium patterned paper that my dear friend Loll gave me. It has different shades of a similar colour in it and various random beige veins. I went over the veins with a Stardust gel pen to give them a bit of sparkle.

I die cut various shapes and sizes of hearts from the paper and from white cs so that I could glue the paper heart onto the cs hearts and give them more substance.

I got to try out a friend's Glimmer Hot Foil system. I ran the Poppy Stamps Heart String die through with pink glimmer foil and that created the outline in which I stamped the sentiment and also gave me a line across the card on which I arranged the die cut hearts. A border with dark pink shimmer cs finished it off.

Tic Tac Toe Challenge

 

Time Out Challenge









Supplies:
Stamps - TH sentiment
Ink - Distress Picked Raspberry
Paper - dark pink shimmer cs, white cs, Craft Consortium dp
Size - 6.25x3.25" mini slimline
Accessories - Stardust gel pen, IO heart dies, pink glimmer foil, Poppy Stamps Heart String die


8 comments:

  1. The hearts using the CC paper are really pretty and such a great idea to enhance the little veins on the paper with a gold glitter gel pen Susan, and the glittery pink hot foiled die looks great and makes the perfect area to put the sentiment and to place the hearts across. A beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your foiling is the perfect frame for the sentiment and the hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the colours you've used in this card, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty design with the pattern paper. Craft Consortium does a great job with their paper and this looks great. The foiled hearts are a great addition to add the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Susan! I bet it looks even better in real life! Thanks for taking Time Out to share it with us at Time Out Challenges! Hope we’ll see you in the gallery again soon,
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love those CC papers ... they make the most beautiful hearts for your card Susan. So cool that you got to try out the hot foil system. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! A very clever use of the Glimmer foiling system and beautiful hearts! It was a great idea to use the gold pen on the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable. The foiling and the PP is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.