A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 21 January 2023

Winter Scene with Sheep Two Ways

A bunch of challenges inspired this card.  The top left image of the sheep on the Four Seasons challenge started me off as it reminded me that I have this stamp of a lovely winter scene with sheep.  It even comes with the sentiment built in.  And then two challenges wanted sparkle or glitter, and another wanted a snowy day.  See below for the challenges.


I stamped on white cs and coloured the image with coloured pencils.  Then added sparkle with a quickie glue pen and glitter to all the snow lines.  Instead of bordering it with black cs, I took a fine point black marker and a ruler and simply made black lines around the edges.  Keeps it nice and flat for mailing!

 It's also a perfect image for watercolouring so I did a second one using watercolour paper and paints:

To my eye, I don't see much difference between the coloured pencil version and the watercoloured version.  I like using both mediums so can't even say I prefer one over the other!

Challenges:

Four Seasons Challenge "winter"

 

Once Upon a Time "The Snowy Day"

 

Stamping Sensations "add some sparkle" to a stamped focal element  - I added glitter to all the snow lines

Sparkles Christmas Challenge "add glitter accents" - I added glitter to all the snow lines

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Sheena Douglass Country Christmas
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs for the first card; watercolour paper and cream cs for the second card
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - coloured pencils for the first card; watercolour paints for the second card; glitter, black fine point pen

11 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty scene, Susan, and I don't see much difference between the pencils and the watercolor either. I love both! Love the black border. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, snowy, winter scene. Both versions are so pretty, Susan. Can't tell much difference between the coloured pencils and watercolouring. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful winter scene and both look amazing and almost identical. Awesome work with the pencils and watercolour xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous Winter scene you've created. This is so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. Please stop by again soon.
    Karen L, DT
    The Four Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really lovely Winter country scene and your use of it has created two beautiful cards. Lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for jining us.

    The next farm up the drove took all his sheep into the barns this week so I imagine lambing is imminent.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing stamp, a perfect choice for to go with our optional mood board at Four Seasons. It looks wonderful in pencil and watercolor! The glitter finishes it off so beautifully!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Four Seasons challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing stamp! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful winter scene stamp and so beautifully coloured in both mediums. Had I not read your post, I would have thought they were the same card. 🤷🏻‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful and very peaceful scene. Gorgeous card Susan. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both so lovely - what a perfect winter scene, with the best sentiment to go with it! I like both versions, and just the right amount of sparkle, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a fantastic job with coloring the stamped images whether you used colored pencils or watercolor paints, Susan! Love your soft, translucent coloring, and your clever idea of making the thin black lines around the edges! It worked out so well.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.