A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 14 January 2023

Robin on a Shovel

Time for a new Peace on Earth Challenge!  I was inspired by the mood board (lower left image).  It was the perfect opportunity to get out a stamp I'd never used.


A simple stamped and watercoloured image, with a heat embossed sentiment, a bit of splatter, and sponging around the edges of the panel to add to the rustic look.  I popped the watercoloured panel up on fun foam on a layer of dp that ties in with the colours.

My inspiration came from the photo on the lower left of the Peace on Earth mood board:

 

Please come and join us!  There's lots of other inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.  You can be inspired by our mood board or you can make an "anything Christmas goes" card.








Supplies:
Stamps - Sheena Douglas Stampworkz robin, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Distress Antique Linen
Paper - watercolour paper, cream cs, Flair Design dp
Size - 6x3.25"
Accessories - watercolour paints, clear embossing powder, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. WOW! Simply awesome Susan! Love the splatter ... I never think to do that but it's a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Love how you've created your bird on a shovel card Susan. So pretty with the starry border. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, if I didn't know any better I'd say this inspiration board was made just for you!! What a beautiful card and stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is perfect for the mood board. Great water coloring and pretty star background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet you'll be using this stamp again and again, Susan! Such a sweet robin and you've colored it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan love this card and the variety of colours and a beautiful stamp... stunning and refreshing x
    Glad you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Susan and great watercolouring, this is such a sweet image ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have the perfect stamp for the mood board, Susan!
    Your robin is so cute, and the splatter and sponging are effective to give the card a rustic look!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous stamp and fabulous water colouring. Love it all x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.