A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 4 January 2023

Hearts from Snippets

For the latest Snippets challenge, Diane says it has to be anything but Christmas.  That prompted me to make the first of several Valentine cards that I'll make this year.

I went through my pink scraps and pulled out this pile of snippets:


They were perfect for die cutting a series of hearts of various shapes and sizes.  I decided it worked well for a slimline card and I have the perfect long narrow script stamp to create a minimal background for the hearts.  I stamped the script in a pale pink and then the sentiment in a brighter pink that I heat embossed.  And then stuck my hearts on top in a slightly haphazard row.  A nice quick card that is great for using up snippets!

Snippets Challenge "Anything BUT Christmas"

Snippets Playground







Supplies:
Stamps - SU sentiment, Kaiser Craft script
Ink - Distress Tattered Rose, ColorBox Pink
Paper - white cs, snippets of pink cs and dp
Size - 6.25x3.25"
Accessories - various heart dies, clear embossing powder

9 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love the mix of your paper snippets, Susan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for using snippets and it made a beautiful card. I like the slimline cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Susan and a super use of snippets too! I'm also very find of slimline cards right now.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Great layout, like the mixture of hearts and the wonk :) and the background adds to the romance xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pretty Valentine's Day card. Great use of your snippets on this CAS and cool card. Thanks for sharing a picture of the snippets you chose.

    Great to see you in the Snippets Playground! There are still a few chocolates left in the tin, so come up to the Treehouse and help yourself! Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. the hearts are perfect way to use up the DP xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty Valentine, Susan, and a great way to use those snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute and fun Valentine card, Susan! Wonderful way of using various pink scraps! Love your haphazard way of arrangement of the hearts.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Valentine’s card. Great use of snippets

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.