A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 10 January 2023

New Gilding Flakes

Jingle Belles want to see something new either from Santa or that we gifted ourselves.  Those of you who know me well know that I love blue.  I treated myself to some gorgeous blue / silver gilding flakes.  I also bought a set of lovely rectangle dies from The Greetery.


I die cut the dove and coated it with glue and then pressed in the beautiful blue / silver mix of gilding flakes. I added it to a panel trimmed with the fancy rectangle die and layered that over blue cs to have some colour showing through the rectangle die. The sentiment is stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with a pearly blue embossing powder.

Jingle Belles "What Did Santa Bring You?"

NBUS "Never Before Used Stuff"  - it's the first time I've used the gilding flakes and the rectangle die.








Supplies:
Stamps - A Muse sentiment
Ink - Versamark
Paper - white and blue cs, scrap of green glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix Delicate Wings dove die, Cosmic Shimmer Blue Ice gilding flakes, The Greetery Nordic Frames rectangle die, Stampendous Sapphire Pearlustre embossing powder

11 comments:

  1. LOVE your gorgeous blue and silver gilding flakes Susan. So perfect for your beautiful peace dove. Always fun to treat ourselves. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dove is beautiful! I always make such a mess with the gilding flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done using the new flakes and die so quickly, Susan! This card is gorgeous and I can only imagine how spectacular the schparkle is in person, not to mention the beautiful blue of the dove and the base blue peeking through the border! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dove, Susan! Love those blue and silver gilding flakes and the pretty die cut frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful crafting and stunning , gorgeous design. Such beautiful colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santa was so good to you. I love the blue and silver gilding flakes. The dove looks beautiful and the die cut rectangle is on my wish list now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lovely dove looks amazing on that frame with the darker blue peeking through! I have some lovely gilding flakes - though not quite as lovely as these - now I just need the courage to try them out! I have been watching Chrissie Stokes videos but your gorgeous card may be just the inspiration I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an amazing dove coated with blue & silver gilding flakes, Susan! It's absolutely gorgeous! Love that the blue shows through the slytlish die-cut frame.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh where did you get those blue and silver gilding flakes- your dove looks so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, so where do I have to shop to get me some blue gilding flakes!? Beautiful shimmery dove!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love those gilding flakes ... and you used them to perfection ... so very glad you joined our *What did Santa bring you?* prompt at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.