A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 29 January 2023

Winter Fun and Spring Flowers

First up a card for the Shopping Our Stash challenge "Winter Fun":

I chose a stamp I've had for ages of old-fashioned winter sports with women having to skate in skirts and a child on an old-fashioned wooden sled. It's coloured with coloured pencils on kraft and bordered with red and mounted on a teal card base - to my eye, they are kind of old-fashioned colours that suit the image.

My second card is for a friend's birthday.  She loves blue and she loves flowers.  It's for AAA Birthday challenge "anything birthday goes":


The image is coloured with coloured pencils. I stamped the text around it in a blue / grey ink but unfortunately there was some leftover red ink on the text stamp that changed the colour in a couple of spot. I then added blue / grey sponging around the edges.

I used the thin frame die to cut into my panel and then cut the thin frame out of blue cs and put it into the gap I'd made.

I stamped and heat embossed a white sentiment on dark grey cs and trimmed it into a banner.

Shopping Our Stash challenge "Winter Fun"

Grab Our Badge! 

AAA Birthday "anything birthday goes"

 









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Inkadinkado
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - kraft, red, and teal blue cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black bluebells, Wendy Vecchi text, Memory Box sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black, SSS Barely Blue, Hero Arts Soft Sky, ColorBox white
Paper - white, blue, dark grey cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, white embossing powder, SSS thin frame die

9 comments:

  1. Lovely vintage-style card, Susan. The pencil colouring is perfect for this image. And beautiful blue flowers for your friend. The text looks great ... I love that you had a happy accident of a little red ink, it's perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vintage images...skating and sledding...perfect winter fun!! Way to go shopping your stash…thanks for playing along with our “winter fun” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
    — Deb Horst, DT #SOS488

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great vintage stamp. I love the font on the Best Christmas Wishes. Lovely coloring on both cards too. Blue bells are the most beautiful flowers on this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely with the soft bg script! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card really does have a vintage look. How unseemly we are to wear trousers so much now (but comfortable). That blue flower is beautifully delicate. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The harebells are gorgeous and I love the delicate blues you've chosen. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your winter fun stamp on Kraft ... wonderful coloring too ... so very glad you joined our Winter Fun Challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely vintage Christmas card, Susan! Beautifully colored with your pencils! The blue flowers are so pretty and a reminder that spring isn't far off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage feel to the Christmas card and those flowers are lovely with the text around it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.