A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 6 January 2023

Zooming Youngsters

Sneaking in under the wire for the ABC Christmas Challenge "Y for Youngsters and  / or Z for Zoom".  I've got both in this card with the young mice hanging on for dear life behind the older mouse as they zoom down the snowy hill.


Thanks to the challenge, I pulled out a stamp I'd never used before, watercoloured it, added a stamped sentiment and a TH chitchat sticker (seemed so perfect for what the older mouse might be saying), and bordered with red.

ABC Christmas Challenge "Y is for Youngsters and / or Z is for Zoom"

NBUS - Never Before Used Stuff

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous House Mouse stamp, sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, red and off white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, TH chitchat sticker

8 comments:

  1. that's such a cute image and the sentiments are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought by the title you were talking about our zoom group! I love House Mouse stamps and this is a great one. I love the candy cane sled and the movement of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brings back memories of fun times as a kid, Susan! Not so fun if you're on the back and first one to fall off! Perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute mice on the candy cane sleigh! Your watercoloring is beautiful and the choice of the sticker sentiment is perfect!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. Perfect image for the challenge. LOVE the sticker! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nailed the challenge… very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Susan, and great use of that sticker. Great reminder, too, so thanks. I totally forgot I have those booklets! Slap! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card for the challenge Susan - what a cute image with the House Mice enjoying the winter snow! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.