A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 1 October 2022

Inspired Snowflake

Inspired by the Peace on Earth mood board (see below), I created this card:

I started by using gesso to stencil the snowflake on black cs to create a resist for my stamping, then stamped the text background stamp over it.  I replaced the snowflake stencil and sponged Distress Speckled Egg ink over it to add colour to the snowflake.  Popped the panel up on fun foam on an icy blue card base and added a die cut sentiment.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board.  I wanted to capture the single snowflake and the black and icy blue/grey colours of the top right image.


Please come and join us at Peace on Earth.  You can enter an "anything Christmas" card or you can be inspired by the mood board.  There's lots more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team!








Supplies:
Stamps - unknown text / snowflake background stamp
Ink - Distress Speckled Egg
Paper - black and icy blue cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - snowflake stencil, gesso, fun foam, Spellbinders Noel die

5 comments:

  1. That black and blue combination looks beautiful. This is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that colour combo and can't wait to see that one IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours and such a beautiful snowflake - love everything about it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this big snowflake and the beautiful background, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soft and light blue snowflake is so pretty against black, Susan! The script stamping adds so much interest to the background.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.