A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 10 October 2022

Autumn Birthday

I'm on the Design Team of Diane and Darlene's Peace on Earth Challenge and I try to participate in some of their other challenges.  I needed a birthday card for a friend with an October birthday so it seemed a perfect opportunity to make something with an autumn theme and enter it in their Four Seasons Challenge - "anything fall goes".


I used autumn leaves, berries, and colours.  I followed a recent SCS tutorial on "Double Stamped Vellum"I did the white embossed leaves on the front of the vellum, then the coloured leaves and berries on the back.

I layered the vellum on the back of an aperture cut out of my stitched die cut rectangle and then added foam tape to the back of it to give it some dimension on the card base.

Four Seasons Challenge (I used the red and orange tones from the bottom right image on the mood board).










Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black leaves and berries, SU sentiment
Ink - SU Real Red, Distress Rusty Hinge, ColorBox white
Paper - white cs, vellum
Size - A2
Accessories - white embossing powder, foam tape, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, Spellbinders rectangle die

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful Autumn birthday card using this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, I love it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique and a very pretty card! Thanks for playing at The Four Seasons Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Susan. This will be my next thing to try. Your card is just awesome with the pops of autumn colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Autumn card using the double stamped vellum technique, Susan. Your friend is going to love this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful double stamped vellum technique Susan, and a perfect Autumn birthday card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant birthday card, Susan! The colors and layout of your double embossed vellum are fantastic. It looks like you're looking at the gorgeous autumn scene through a frosted glass window.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.