A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 19 October 2022

Pink Christmas

I always like to enter the Jingle Belles "Pink Christmas" challenge as they donate money to breast cancer research for each card that's entered.  I'm really squeaking in under the wire this time as the challenge is about to close.


I found a piece of background I'd sprinkled with pink Magicals (and then spritzed with water) in my UFO box and thought it was perfect for a poinsettia die cut.  It worked well for a mini slimline.  I heat embossed the sentiment in pink, added a narrow strip of the Magicals piece to balance out the panel, popped it up on fun foam on the card base, and added sparkly pink embellishments.

Jingle Belles

I'm also adding it to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge "Poinsettias and Posies".

And ABC Christmas Challenge "U for Unusual Christmas Colours"

 

 







Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox pink
Paper - white cs
Size - 6.25x3.25"
Accessories - Penny Black poinsettia die, pink Magicals, fun foam, clear embossing powder, pink sparkly embellishments

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I do love pink poinsettias! The sparkly embellishments are a wonderful finishing touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a winner in my book, Susan! I love your layers of pink on pink and your great balanced composition! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty poinsettia, Susan! The gems make this extra elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your poinsettia is beautiful Susan and the addition of the gems is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, this is gorgeous in pink and a gorgeous poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and artful poinsettia, and you've made it into an exceptionally elegant CAS card; with perfect proportions for your mini slimline design! Such a beautiful addition to our PINK CHRISTMAS gallery at Jingle Belles; thank you for helping us raise some money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely pink poinsettia card, Susan! The silhouette-like poinsettia colored with Magicals looks amazing! The size of the card, the shine of the gems and the strip at the bottom all worked well to enhance the beauty of the poinsettia!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty, festive card and I love the contemporary look you achieved.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.