A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 25 October 2022

Holly with a Robin

I got out a stamp I haven't used yet and inked it up for this Christmas card:

I stamped the stamp with Fadeout No-Line ink so that I could have a better idea of the image, then coloured directly on the stamp with Tombow markers, one colour at a time and spritzing lightly with water after each one.  I did the text stamping and background sponging with Distress Antique Linen and Vintage Photo, and added a sentiment in brown.  I popped the panel up on fun foam.

The method I used for the text stamping is in this video - inking up the stamp, spritzing it, laying it on my work surface rubber side up, and pressing the panel onto the stamp lightly, avoiding the image as much as possible.

Challenges:

Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Holly and / or Ivy"

Please take a copy of our badge 

Rudolph Days "Anything Christmas"

NBUS "Never Before Used Stuff" 

 Grab our badge to display on your blog.

Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Anything Penny Black"

...or Hedgie







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black image, unknown sentiment
Ink - Fadeout No-Line Colouring Ink, Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress Antique Linen and Vintage Photo
Paper - watercolour paper, cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tombow markers, fun foam

14 comments:

  1. I love the artsy look you achieved with this card, Susan - very unusual and a great technique. Just gorgeous!
    Hope you are well
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely and has a soft watercolor look you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous bird on the berry branch, Susan - love your no line watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely no line stamping and coloring on your pretty holly Susan! I bought some of that ink and have not tried this yet??!! A beautiful Christmas card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots to love here, Susan! Not only a beautiful bird image, but so interesting how you stamped/spritzed/colored it and then how you added the awesome text background! Thank you for that and for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Great to see you yesterday! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous and I so love robins too, thanks for adding the video and I'm going to check this out and thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful combination with the bird on the holly branch and the text background. The colours give such a pretty vintage look ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic background for your pretty robin sitting in the holly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love robin cards and yours is great! Thank you for sharing at NBUS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Susan, I love the look you achieved with the spritzing! The colors are still so bold, too - brava! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the script background and how you used the inking/spritzing/stamping technique for a no-line colour look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Holly card-one of my favorite holiday/winter foliages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the vintage look of the image. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the look of it. What a good job you did adding the words...I will look up that post as I wish to give this a try!

    Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.