A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 7 October 2022

Winter Recreation for Animal Friends

Christmas Cards All Year Round wants to see Winter Sports / Recreation.  I love this stamp I chose depicting animal friends having fun with their sled.  At the barn where I ride, we have a couple of horses who are quite willing to tow a sled in the winter - one person rides the horse, another sits on the sled - it's a lot of fun!


I stamped and watercoloured the image, trimmed it with a hemstitch die, added it to a shimmery copper card base, added a few small glittery die cut snowflakes, and went over the snow lines on the ground with a glue pen and glitter.

Christmas Cards All Year Round often uses the image of a fantastic cake for inspiration for its theme.  This month's is no exception:










Supplies:
Stamps - Craft Emotions sledding, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, shimmery copper cs, white glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, tiny snowflake dies, Spellbinder hemstitch rectangle, glitter

5 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Susan! Combines two of your loves ... horses and dogs. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a ride on a sled behind a horse sounds like such fun. This card is adorable with the copper base and hemstitch die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect stamp for you. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards using this stamp always make me smile, Susan! The image is so cute and fun. I'm happy to be the one who sits on the sled. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this image, Susan! The sparkly snow adds even more fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.