A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 15 October 2022

In Front of the Fireplace

Peace on Earth has a mood board for this challenge that has a couple of images of fireplaces with lovely red and green greenery swags around them.  They made me think of a Penny Black stamp I have so I used it for this card:

The image is watercoloured and bordered with a Christmas dp.  I added a bit of Fun Flock to the dog's and cat's hats.

Here's the Peace on Earth Challenge's mood board that inspired me:

Come and join us at Peace on Earth with either a card inspired by the mood board or an "anything Christmas goes" card.  Check out the inspiration from the rest of our Design Team!








Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, unknown dp, cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Fun Flock

10 comments:

  1. TRhat stamp is so very cute and you colored it so nicely. It's a lovely card!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Susan. I love this scene in front of the fireplace, it's so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a cute image and you've colored/showcased it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those images are so very cute and sweet. Love it beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and fun, Susan! Beautiful coloring and a great use of the design paper!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable Susan. I love the image ... it makes me smile. Great watercolouring and love the patterned paper framing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bright and happy, warm and cozy Christmas scene! How adorable, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable little scene with the cat and the dog having so much Christmas fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hI Susan, fabulous design, gorgeous colours and colouring, lovely design x

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute card- love the images and your water coloring

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.