A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 22 October 2022

In My Thoughts

I've got a card today that uses my Cosmic Shimmer Botanical Stains for watercolouring the flowers.  I bought them because I loved their old-fashioned vintage kind of colours but I need more practice with them to get the paler faded look I wanted.


I added a bit of splatter and a sentiment, bordered with black, and popped it up on fun foam.

It's for:

The Flower Challenge "Use a Sentiment"

 









Supplies:
Stamps - Altenew Charmed, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, PTI Vintage Cream cs, black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Cosmic Shimmer Botanical Stains, fun foam

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blues in your cosmic shimmer stains. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the subtle colours Susan and the image is perfect for them! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and shimmer from your Cosmic stains, Susan. They are the perfect colouring medium for this fabulous image. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I love the tone of these colors - 'greyed down' colors are my absolute favorites! Thanks so much for bringing your wonderful card - and great sentiment - over to The Flower Challenge!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.