A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 3 October 2022

Snowy Trees

The ABC Christmas Challenge wants to see S for Snow and T for Trees.  Here's my card:

I created a background by sprinkling various blue Brushos on my craft mat and spritzing with water, then pouncing mixed media cs into it till I was happy with the result. I let it dry then splattered a bit of white gesso on it for snow in the sky. Added a die cut white tree line, sentiment, and a gold star and popped the panel up on fun foam for dimension.

ABC Christmas Challenge









Supplies:
Stamps - A Muse sentiment
Ink - blue ink
Paper - mixed media cs, gold shimmer and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - various blue Brushos, white gesso, Memory Box star die, tree line die, fun foam

6 comments:

  1. I like those pretty white trees! This is charming, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gorgeous Brusho background, Susan! The white die-cut trees beautifully pop against the snowy night sky.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that way of using Brushos. I think you have more control over the color shade and this is lovely. The white trees just pop against it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous background for these snowy trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all the variations of blue in your brushos sky Susan. So much movement to this card. Gorgoeus with the white die-cut trees and your beautiful North Star. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful watercolor sky! I love that you let it be the start by adding some "plain" trees and start. Wonderful design! Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.