A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 2 April 2022

A Horse for Peace on Earth

It's already time for the new Peace on Earth challenge.  Diane and Darlene have a wonderful mood board to inspire you (and those of us on the Design Team).  Many of you know that I love horses so no surprise as to which image on the mood board inspired me to make this card:


And here's the mood board:


I had the perfect stamp for it, didn't I?  And I matched the colours as best I could.  I coloured it with coloured pencils and bordered with red and green shimmer cs.  I smudged the sentiment when I stamped it directly on the image panel so restamped it and die cut it with a little oval tag die that I attached with a green brad.

Please come and join us at Peace on Earth.  You don't have to be inspired by the mood board - it's an anything Christmas goes challenge.








Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity "Clyde", SSS sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black, Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Paper - white cs, red and green shimmer cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - coloured pencils, green brad, Sizzix tag die

8 comments:

  1. Oh Susan, what a great take on our mood board! Beautiful coloring too! Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely knew this was YOUR card the minute I saw it over at POE Susan! What a gorgeous stamp and how perfect for this challenge! You've colored it up beautifully too...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the perfect stamp from the mood board and just sweet. That expression on his face and he looks so good all ready for Christmas. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Susan. Not surprised that you picked the horse image. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have the most striking images, Susan and I always said I'd like to see your collection. You did a great job coloring him too. I even looked it up and have it on my wish list. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image Susan, Your Clydesdale looks very reagal ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mood board is perfect for you, my friend! A beautiful horse all decked out for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure did have the most perfect stamp Susan and what a beauty of a card....And horse x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.