A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 7 April 2022

Slimline Snowflakes

Just one card for you today.  I wanted to get it posted for a few challenges before they close.


I went over the TH snowflake stencil with embossing paste and then, while it was still wet, I added Speckled Egg embossing glaze to give it colour.  I heated it with my heat gun which caused some of the glaze to bubble a bit and then subside, adding even more texture to the snowflakes.

I added a very thin black cs border, stamped the sentiment in black on a small scrap and heat embossed it with clear powder, and added a thin black border to that piece as well.

Challenges:

ABC Christmas Challenge "E is for Embossing" (I have both embossing paste and embossing glaze.)

Christmas Craft Creations "Slimline"

 

Cardz 4 Guyz - "Add Texture"

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo 








Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocture
Paper - white and black cs
Size - 7x3.75"
Accessories - TH snowflakes stencil, embossing paste, TH Speckled Egg embossing glaze, clear embossing powder

11 comments:

  1. Embossing paste and glaze...perfect for our "add texture" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous card. I love those sparkly speckled egg snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use the Distress Glaze. Mine are still sitting unused at this point. :) Love those pretty snowflakes with the lovely texture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love CAS cards and this one is fabulous! The embossing glaze is perfect snowflake color. Combined with the text on your sentiment reminds me so much of “Frozen”. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect with the paste and the glaze and such a pretty card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful snowflakes and sentiment, Susan! A classy card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely embossed stenciled snowflakes Susan! Love the soft blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Susan, I love the effect of the Embossing glaze on the paste ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these elegant snowflakes, Susan and the embossing paste looks beautiful. Such a stylish design!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely embossed card, pretty snowflakes. We, at Cardz 4 Guyz appreciate you entering our challenge. We hope to see you again. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the texture that you achieved on your snowflakes. Thanks for sharing with us over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.