A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 5 April 2022

Pink and Gold, Glitter and Copper

A twofer of Christmas cards today!

For Less is More "Pink and Gold", I stretched my comfort zone of traditional Christmas colours and made a mostly pink ornament:


I used alcohol inks for the solid section of my ornament and the sentiment. I used a few shades of pink and some gold mixative. Then die cut the ornament and sentiment from it. The top layer of the ornament is cut from gold cs. I cut a very thin strip of the same gold cs to use to hang the ornament from the top of the card.

I thought of embellishing with some sequins but I couldn't figure out a placement I liked so left it plain (and I think that is better for the Less is More challenge anyway)!

Then I went on to play with glitter for the ABC Christmas Challenge where one of the options is "G for Glitter":

Years ago I bought some ClearSnap Design Adhesives - they are double sided adhesive patterns. I'd stuck a few on a very odd-sized card base and added gold glitter to them, and then done nothing with it. I also had a heated copper die cut reindeer I'd made years ago that I'd never put on a card. It fit quite well between the glittered adhesive patterns and I found a sentiment that fit space-wise with all of it.

The reindeer was made using this SCS tutorial - this SCS tutorial.

Not sure what I think of it now it's put together but it used up some things from my "UFO" (unfinished objects) box.

 Less is More

 

ABC Christmas Challenge










Supplies for card 1:
Ink - various pink alcohol inks
Paper - coated cs, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gold mixative, Memory Box ornament dies, TH joy die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versamark
Paper - white cs
Size - 5.75x4.75"
Accessories - thin copper, Sizzix reindeer die, gold glitter, platinum embossing powder, ClearSnap Design Adhesives


12 comments:

  1. Your pink and gold ornament is beautiful and elegant, Susan. Love the AI inks with the gold mixative. Such a pretty background for the ornament gold die-cut topper. And how cool about these adhesive designs. The shapes look so pretty with the glitter ... and LOVE that heated copper reindeer. Always great to use some items for the UFO box! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the non traditional pink for the ornament, and so funny I just used that reindeer on a card- love your version :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for alcohol ink this works beautifully with the gold.A bright bold and stylish ornament.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contemporary colours of your first CAS card and the WOW factor of the second Susan x. Extra loving the reindeer with the copper on the second one x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining 'Less Is More' with your brilliant pink & gold card, super pink background and gold overlay .... great non-trad colours for Christmas too ..... Sid xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a stunning ornament in that beautiful color with the touch of gold. It would be so elegant on the tree or attached to a gift. The sparkle is so pretty and the copper deer is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the glorious colors of that ornament with alcohol ink! That deer is also fantastic accented with the beautiful, glittered adhesive corners. Both cards are gorgeous, Susan! I’m very fond of non-traditional colors for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful projects, love the colours on the bauble. Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this elegant ornament in pink and gold, Susan! So pretty! Your UFO's found the perfect pairing on the second card! You are growing that stash of Christmas cards, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! Your glitter background looks so elegant. I really like your design. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink and gold ornament. Very pretty. Thanks for playing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sobre et plein de charme Susan, une très belle création, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Card, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.