A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 16 April 2022

Ornaments for Peace on Earth

Time for another Peace on Earth challenge.  I was inspired by all the gold and silver ornaments in the mood board.


I stamped the image with Versamark and then sprinkled gold glitter embossing powder randomly over some sections, tapped the excess off, and then sprinkled silver glitter embossing powder over the remaining sections.  I saw or read somewhere that it's better to heat glitter embossing powders from underneath as the glitter bits can blow off easily - they need the embossing bits to melt first so that they hold the glitter bits.  In real life, the image is more glittery than it looks in the photo - glitter is always so hard to photograph.

I bordered the panel with silver glitter paper and also die cut the "joy" sentiment out of it.

Here's the mood board that inspired it:
 

Please come and join us at Peace on Earth.  It's an "anything Christmas goes" so you don't have to follow the mood board. 








Supplies:
Stamps - Indigo Blue
Ink - Versamark
Paper - white cs, silver glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Penny Black joy die, Stampendous Silver Tinsel and Papermania Gold Tinsel embossing powders

8 comments:

  1. These ornaments are beautiful and they sure do sparkle. Thanks for the tip about heating from underneath. I never have good luck with sparkle glitter so this will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about heating the glitter embossing powder and what a glittery and beautiful Christmas card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the layering of the embossing powders to give the variegated colour. Beautiful card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine how beautiful this is in real life! I love the mix of gold and silver glitter! I’d have never thought to do that. This is such a fabulous and festive card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! What an elegant and BEAUTIFUL card Susan!! I'm loving all the gold and silver glitz on the ornaments and the framing too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous silver and gold Christmas card Susan. LOVE how you've mixed the powders to create something uniquely beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant with all that glittery gold and silver! Wow! Very clever to mix the embossing powders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The framed ornaments are gorgeous. This is a wonderful design with lots of glamour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.