A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 14 April 2022

A Brown Bunny

I had fun today making a couple of Easter cards.  This one is for Addicted to CAS "Code Word: Animals", CASology "Fluffy", and Double D "Easter".


I created a background by die cutting a stencil out of scrap cs and sponging with green and mauve, stamping the sentiment on it, and die cutting into a square.  I sponged and fussy cut the bunny, glued his feet down and popped his head and shoulders up with foam tape.  I added the panel to the card base with fun foam for dimension.  And added Fun Flock to his tail to fit the "fluffy" challenge.

I was supposed to be going to my best friend's for Easter brunch on Sunday but she's come down with Covid so it's cancelled.  I'm going to pop this through her mail slot without seeing her.  So annoying - Covid restrictions are finally lifted and we can all get together but then she goes and catches it!  Easter brunch is one of our annual traditions so this makes three years in a row of not being able to have it!

Addicted to CAS

Casology

 

Double D "Easter"


 








Supplies:
Stamps - Technique Junkies bunny, SU sentiment
Ink - Archival Potting Soil, Distress Shaded Lilac and Peeled Paint
Paper - white cs
Size - 5" square
Accessories - Memory Box Wildflower Landscape die, Spellbinders square die, Fun Flock, fun foam

11 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww...CAS and absolutely ADORABLE Susan! I have that bunny stamp too but forgot I had it until I saw your card...I guess I really do have too many stamps!! I'm sorry to hear about your cancelled Easter plans, and hope your friend heals quickly!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and utterly adorable, I love that little bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty background and the most adorable bunny. So sorry your Easter Brunch is cancelled again Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh he is so darned cute! What a great stamp and love the stenciled background. So sorry about your Easter plans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has to be the sweetest bunny I've ever seen. That expression just got me. I hope your friend is doing well but how disappointing it is to not be able to spend Easter with her. She will be cheered up by your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe ... this is just so sweet Susan! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Easter’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Your awesome creation would also fit perfectly in our SPRING themed challenge over on our FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE. We’d love to have you come share & inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little bunny image is so sweet, I think he would make any card AWESOME!! Your design is wonderful and the background is perfect. Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the Mood Board. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D. Hope to see you back again soon.
    Judy~ DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet - love the scene you've created.

    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that stenciled backdrop for your adoable bunny, Susan. And I love the fluff on his tail. :) Sorry to hear your friend has Covid and that you aren't able to have your traditional Easter get-together again this year. So disappointing! Hope your friend is feeling better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute and fluffy bunny on your card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the stenciled background you created for your adorable bunny. The fluffy tail is simply genius! So fun. Sorry to hear that your Easter plans were cancelled. Maybe you could have a re-do in a couple of weeks with your friend. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.