A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 18 April 2022

Rainy Day Christmas Cards

It's supposed to be gardening season but it's a horrible wet day - the forecast says 100% chance of rain all day.  So what better to do than make Christmas cards!

For 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Children's Xmas", I thought these sweet friends watching out the window for Santa were perfect:

A very simple stamped, watercoloured, bordered with navy, and popped up on fun foam on the card base. I added some snowflakes with a white gel pen.

I love these Colorado Craft Co. images by the artist Anita Jeram!  I've treated myself to a few of them recently.

 

Next up for Just Us Girls "Red, Black, White" and for We Love Stamping "Favourite Stamp", I chose my all-time favourite Christmas stamp.  Most of you know I love horses so of courseI love this stamp - so much so, I bought an extra one in case this one wears out!

 
Stamped in black, the hats coloured with a red marker, trimmed with a stitched rectangle die, popped up on fun foam, and Fun Flock added to the brims and pompoms on the hats, and added glitter to the fence line.

 
And finally for Jingle Belles "Earth Day" (recycle, re-use, up-cycle something), I took a tree off of the Christmas card I received from Julia of createwithjulia and used it on this card:

I found a piece of smooshed green background in my UFO box, stamped the Christmas text stamp on it, mounted it on a white card base, added Julia's Christmas tree to the centre and framed it with a white double-stacked frame die cut.

52 Christmas Card Throwdown

We Love Stamping "Favourite Stamp"

Just Us Girls 

 

 Jingle Belles

 
 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Colorado Craft Co. "On the Lookout"
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, cream and navy cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, TH merry die, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Impression Obsession horses, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - red marker, Fun Flock, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam, glitter

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - unknown text stamp
Ink - various green Distress inks for background, Distress Vintage Photo for text
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Impression Obsession frame die, up-cycled tree

20 comments:

  1. What a fun pair that are watching for Santa! Beautifully colored! I always love seeing these horses with their Santa caps! Great use of Julia's tree! I love how you've framed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding about the rain and wind :( Making Christmas cards was a great way to fill the day. Love all 3. They're all so different but if I had to choose one I would say the first, your little dog and mouse are so adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. A triple treat, Susan! All beautiful, all different, and all fantastic. I have to say, though, the design with horses and their red Santa hats is a stand-out winner in my book! I hope you get some good gardening weather soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally identify with buying that second stamp again just in case, I did the same with an old wood mounted (Stampendous P107) and I am now off to try and source that one as we are horsey family and I know it will get used. A super display of card and so pleased you shared at We Love Stamping, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well with a beautiful Horse stamp like this one I can forgive you for Christmas cards in April! It is a lovely stamp and have a spare is a very good idea. Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping and Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three beauties Susan and love the fun flock on those wonderful horses...Yes buying two stamps was a great idea x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous Christmas creation. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, what a beautiful card and an outstanding job of recycling and upcycling in gorgeous style!!! so happy you could join our Earth Day fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥ (ps: the other two cards are also amazing and fabulous takes on each of their challenges too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a terrific stamping day, Susan. I love the dog and mouse waiting and watching, so cute. The horses always tug at my heart and the tree recycled card is gorgeous. I love the tree and that IO frame. I'm so over the wind, it just blew another piece of siding off my house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 great cards, Susan! Love that cute image of the critters waiting for Santa. The tree is really quite unique. Every time I see that horse stamp I think I will get it and always neglect to do so. It's such a wonderful, detailed stamp. I give you credit for being so constantly productive and getting so many cards done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three fabulous Christmas cards Susan! LOVE the sweet doggie and mouse watching for Santa. Adorable ... I just bought this stamp too! :) Your favourite stamp look awesome in red, black and white. Perfect image for the challenge. And your final card is so pretty with the snow and glitter tree over the text background. Your stash of Christmas cards must be huge already! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get working on my Christmas cards. Yours are such an inspiration, Susan. The first is so cute and watercoloring beautifully. The last is a great way to recycle and the tree looks great on the text background. The horses in their Santa hats is such a wonderful image and I love how you used the fluff for the trim. Thanks for sharing that card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS cards Susan!! I love all the Anita Jeram images too, and this one with all the critters waiting for Santa is just ADORABLE and water colored beautifully!! And oh how I love your horse card with the Santa hats...I can see why you love this one so much too!! Your last card is just as pretty too!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend and hope the weather dries out for you soon! We're still getting snow...not a lot, but just enough to tick me off! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous day of holiday cards ... I am lovin' that upcycled tree with your ink smooshed background ... so very glad you joined our EARTH DAY celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful card and those critters are simply adorable. Your colouring of them are great. Thanks for playing along with us at 52Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge. I hope that you will play along with us again soon.
    Tracy (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Christmas card, thanks for playing at 52CCT challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. What gorgeous and unique Christmas cards you've created - you really made the most of the rainy day!! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning cards.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping April Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sweet cards. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful festive card you made :-)) I like your stamp.
    Thanks for playing with us at 52CCT 🧡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.