A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 26 April 2022

California Poppies Outside and Inside

Day of the Month Card Club is celebrating California Poppy Day.  I have a friend who loves them and her birthday is coming up this weekend so made this card:


I inked up the poppies with mini Distress inks. I used just one green for the stems but three colours for the flowers letting them overlap to get a nice blend of colours, then spritzed with water, and stamped on watercolour paper. The colours didn't run as much as I'd intended but the stamp slipped out of place (even though it was in my MISTI) so I couldn't spritz again and restamp. So I don't have as much of a watercoloured look as I'd wanted.

The sentiment (a belated birthday one as the postal system won't get the card there by this weekend!) is stamped and heat embossed on vellum and wrapped around the panel. I added a thin green border.

I added a sentiment I really like to the inside of the card and then fitted the poppies around it at the bottom, inking them up with mini Distress inks, but not spritzing them like I did on the outside as they're being stamped here on cs, not watercolour paper. They didn't stamp very well over the centre crease of the card, but I think it's good enough.

 

Day of the Month Card Club "California Poppy Day"
  Unser Logo zum Mitnehmen! / Our logo to take away! 

 







Supplies:
Stamps - SU Pleasant Poppies, SU sentiment on the outside, TH sentiment on the inside
Ink - mini Distress Bundled Sage, Fossilized Amer, Spiced Marmalade, and Carved Pumpkin, Versafine Olympic Green, Memento Bamboo Leaves
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream cs, green cs, watercolour paper, vellum
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder

6 comments:

  1. I think the blending of your colors turned out beautifully Susan, and I love that you stamped the Poppies inside the card too! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great poppy stamp and I love the inside. The verse is something that we all need to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous effect with the inking of the stamp, and love the extra stamping around the sentiment inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty Susan and I too love the way the stamping has turned out. Loving the inside too x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloured poppies Susan. So pretty! I love how you've added them into the inside the card. Your sentiment is awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty poppies inside and out, Susan! Love the sentiment too. So I'm off to play! :-P
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.