A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 24 April 2022

Snowy Cardinals and Snowy Postcard

Two Christmas cards today.  First of all for Christmas Cards All Year Round "Red and Green with Circles", I used inverted scallop circle dies for this card:


The cardinals and leaves are watercoloured, and the snow has glitter on it. 

Today's other card is for Double D Challenge "Show a Building on your Project" and for We Love Stamping "Favourite Stamps".  Like the Santa Horses card I posted a few days ago, I love the Snowy Postcard stamp so much I've bought a spare in case this one wears out.

I watercoloured the image inside the oval and sponged Antique Linen around the edges and up to the oval, and then darkened the outer edges with Brushed Corduroy.  I went over the roofs and the fence tops with a Quickie glue pen and added glitter.  I sprinkled white chunky Frantage over the image and heated it from underneath so it wouldn't blow off.

 
 
 






Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity cardinals, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, green and red cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, Spellbinders inverted scallop circles, Quickie glue pen, glitter

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Stampendous Snowy Postcard
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy
Paper - watercolour paper, linen cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, glitter, Frantage embossing powder, fun foam

13 comments:

  1. You have made a really lovely vintage card with the Snowy Postcard, one I'm afraid I have not used as often as I should. Thank you so much for sharing a favourite stamp with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and lovely cards.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping April Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous Christmas cards and love the glitter and the use of the white frantage x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inverted scallops made a lovely mat for those bright cardinals. The post card is such a homey, snowy warm cozy home. I see why you don't want it to wear out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards, the postcard one is stunning. Thanks for joining We Love Stamping. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas cards Susan, love the sparkly snow round the cardinals and the distressed look of your post card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the snow cottage it is one of my fave stamps and I have used it many ways. But, you have brought it to life with these colours and I must try and have a go at replicating it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that snowy cottage image (I too have that stamp lol). Your watercoloring is BEAUTIFUL! Nicely done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Buildings’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cardinals on the snowy branch are so festive and pretty, Susan! Love the traditional colors.
    I also love your postcard with the cozy scene! Lovely coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Susan, both are colored so beautifully too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful Christmas cards Susan. LOVE the glitter added to the snow with those pretty cardinals. Great framing! And your postcard image always looks amazing. Love the added glitter and snow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful wintery scene! Love the whole vintage post card look! Thank so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Buildings Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.