A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 12 April 2022

One for Christmas, One for Easter

Another twofer from me.  First up, one for Christmas for the 52 Christmas Card Challenge "Blue, White, and Silver":


Out of silver shimmer cs, I die cut the branches and the bird.  I then sponged blue inks on the bird.  I stamped the sentiment in blue ink and heat embossed with sparkly embossing powder, then die cut it with a label die.  I assembled it all on a panel die cut with a stitched rectangle, popping up the bird on foam tape.  The panel is mounted on fun foam on the card base.

Then I moved on to making an Easter card for the Double D "anything Easter" challenge.


I followed an Eileen Godwin video for the background (sorry, I can't find the video again).  I masked the circle and stencilled around it.  Then changed over and masked over the stencilling so that I could sponge a bit of blue and purple inside the circle.  Then with no masking in place, I stamped the berry wreath around the circle, coloured in the berries and added a sentiment.  I die cut the little bunny three times and glued them together and sat him on the berry wreath.

52 Christmas Card Throwdown
 

Double D Challenge "Easter" 


 

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - Distress Chipped Sapphire
Paper - silver and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TH greenery dies, Memory Box bird die, clear sparkling embossing powder, Spellbinders label die, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - various Distress inks, Ranger Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs
Size - 4.75" square card
Accessories - Lavinia stencil, blue marker, Charlie & Paulchen rabbit die

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous stencilling and technique on the gorgeous and contemporary Easter card and what a delicate and beautiful Christmas card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful, love your stenciling technique! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    Don't forget we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween, giving you a chance to make Halloween cards year round, and with 50 or more players we have a prize to give away!
    {Two Old Bats}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Susan, I am so in LOVE with both of your cards!! I absolutely LOVE how you sponged on the ink to the bird on that shimmery cardstock...such a BEAUTIFUL look!! CAS perfection!! And your Easter card is just so delightful...totally made me smile! And I'm loving all those colored blue berries with the bunny rabbit all nestled inside...cute, CUTE card! Two AMAZING cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning Easter card, Susan. Wow, love all of the different designs using the stencils and masking. Overall fabulous. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Easter" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Susan, your bird looks very elegant on the branch and your bunny is totally adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Susan both cards are just FABULOUS!!! Love the little bunny sitting in the opening! Fabulous inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Easter’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fantastic cards! Love the silver of the first one and love the use of the Lavinia stamp with the bunny sitting at the bottom. Great designs, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards Susan. Love your sweet bird on a branch. Blue and silver make the most beautiful Christmas cards. LOVE the gorgeous Easter card with masking and layering. It really does look 3-D! So clever and such a perfect stamp of wreath with berries over top of your stenciling. You bunny sitting on the edge of the circle is perfection! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet bird on the silver boughs! I love the simple serenity. Your wreath has so much dimension from the sponging and I love that sweet bunny! An awesome Easter card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both absolutely gorgeous!! You really did a great job with the 52CCT color challenge!! Thank you so much for playing along! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Susan! Happy Easter 🌷🐣🌸 Two gorgeous cards! I love them both! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards in selected colors. I’m glad you chose the 52cct colors for the Easter card as well, which is also fantastic. Thanks to the company at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.